Centrifugal force principle solid and liquid separation disc
The disc centrifuge is a high-speed centrifuges for the mechanical
separation and clarification of mixtures comprising solids and
liquids.These machines can be used in a wide range of applications.
Due to their special design, disc centrifuges work at a higher
rotation speed than other centrifuges such as decanters. As a
result, the centrifugal acceleration (g-force) generated by a disk
stack centrifuge is significantly more powerful than in decanter
centrifuges. Moreover, the disks included provide a large
clarifying area. Thus,
it is possible to separate ultra fine solid particles from a liquid
and to separate liquid mixtures in an efficient way. Refer to the
specify function of the disc centrifuge ,it can be further divided
into two series:
1. Liquid-solid separation, (lower solid content slurry
separation.) we name it clarify operation.
2. Liquid-liquid-solid separation,( a suspension of a viscous
liquid with fine solid particles or an emulsion of liquids of
similar density, etc.). We name it separation operation.
Features of the disc centrifuge :
This disc centrifuge separation factor is high, strong separation
ability, the model can realize manual slagging or PLC program
control time automatic slag, reducing labor intensity, improve work
efficiency, hydraulic coupling to replace the traditional friction
plate clutch , On-site non-dust clean white health. Depending on
the need to use automatic or manual operation. Can also achieve
long-range self-control operation. Machine structure is simple,
Application scope of the disc centrifuge :
1. Dairy separator: skim milk or clarify milk (out of solid impurities). Small
separation machine is hand-driven, artificial discharge, suitable
for pastoral herdsmen's home use ; large separators for industrial
production, electric drive, automatic or artifical discharge.
2. Mineral oil separator: for fuel oil, diesel oil, lubricating oil and transformers oil
etc similar emulsion,remove mechanical impurities and water.
3. Vegetable oil separator: for vegetable oil refining.
4. Animal oil separator: for refining animal fat in meat processing, or for fish oil
concentration and separation processing.
5. Yeast separator: for concentrated yeast, nozzle discharge.
6.Starch separator: for removing protein in the starch and concentrating starch, nozzle
7. Lanolin separator:in wool industry for extracting lanolin,nozzle discharge.
8. Pharmaceutical disc separator: for the extraction of antibiotics, vitamins in the pharmaceutical
industry;also for separating liquid-solid three-phase mixture in
the pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
9. Beer separator: for beer, malt juice and other beverages clarification.
10. Latex separator: for concentrating rubber latex and out of impurities.
11. Paint separator: for separating impurities in the coating, to improve the quality of
This disc centrifuge work wrinciple.
1.This disc centrifuge is a vertical centrifuge, drum mounted on
the top of the vertical axis, driven by the motor drive and
2. The drum has a set of disc-shaped parts that are nested with
each other. There is a small gap between the disc and the disc.
Suspensions (or emulsions) are fed into the drum from a feed tube
located in the center of the drum.
3. When the suspension (or emulsion) flows through the gap between
the discs, the solid particles (or droplets) in the centrifuge
under the action of sediment to the disc to form a sediment (or
4. The sediment slides along the surface of the disc to be
separated from the disc and accumulated in the largest diameter
portion of the drum, and the separated liquid is discharged out of
the drum through the outlet.
5. The role of the disc is to shorten the settling distance of
solid particles (or droplets), expand the settlement area of the
drum, the drum in the installation of the disc and greatly improve
the production capacity of the separator.
6. The solids accumulated in the drum are removed manually after
the separator has been shut down, or discharged from the drum
without stopping the machine.
This disc centrifuge technical parameters.
Drum inner diameter
|Drum speed (r/min)||7300||7056||6600||6200||4500|
|Settlement area (cm²)||17.2×10^7||28.5×10^7||35×10^7||67×10^7||90×10^7|
Input capacity for water
|Motor power (kw)||4.0||7.5||11||18.5||55|
1. We have professional person on line to provide you
comprehensive.easy-understanding and detail information and
technical data about the machine you interested;solve your
confusions or questions about the machine
2. Advise you the most suitable type of machine according to your
requirement for your reference
3. Arrange the schedule if you pay a visit to our factory.
4. Send our technical engineer to your country for installation
,operation test ,slove questions and so on if required.
Packing and delivery :
We provide you reliable and fast package and variety kinds of
transportation way to insure you get the goods in time and safely.
More information about our corporation ---Toper
1. Product Experience: Since 1997,we have done a lot of innovation and improvement in the
field of filter and separation equipment.
2. Technology Capability: We join and make the standard of filter press industry in China.
3. Our Speriority: We are one of top 3 in the field of filter press of China.
4. Factory Scale: More than 250,000㎡ land area and continue developing.