1. Brief Description
MPT-2 multipurpose magnetic particle flaw detector is our
newly-developed equipment for the testing of casting quality using
magnetic particles. It is featured by complete functions, quick
flaw detection, high sensitivity, ease of operation, lower rate of
failures and easy maintenance. Its highly integrated electric
circuit makes one instrument perform all the functions of several
ones. It can be fitted with three types of probe-A, D, O and E with
adjustable output current to meet the requirements for different
This machine adopts SCR trigger circuit. All electronic components
are selected strictly, which ensures stable and reliable working
performance and low failure rate. This machine outputs safety
voltage, suitable for places which do not allow high voltage
2. Selection of functions:
(1) E type probe: (rotating magnetic field probe)
It can perform a complete inspection and welding several large
geometry surfaces, do not need detect twice in mutually
perpendicular direction at each site as the probe type D and A, so
to increase speed of detection, by in the probe no working lights,
the worker can detect enough light, the probe equipped with rollers
and is easy to operate and increase speed.
(2) D type probe:(electromagnetic yoke probe)
Is equipped with the relevant section and can test the flat piece
and surface with alternating and direct current.
(3) A type probe: (horseshoe probe)
It can be a variety of fillet welds, large parts of the inner and
outer angle of the AC and DC local testing.
(4)O type probe:(ring coil)
The intensity of the internal magnetic field to 1800e probe type O
applicable crack detection of all workpieces that can be positioned
coils are used to detect stress cracking of the workpiece (fatigue
cracks are perpendicular to the axial direction) is very
convenient, can also be used to demagnetization with the method of
distance workpiece, tools and measuring tools that are accidentally
magnetized from the factory can be destructive demagnetization.
The machine adopts SCR firing circuits, electronic components
through rigorous analysis, aging treatment machines, and so the
performance is stable and reliable, with low failure rate. The
output voltage of the instrument is safe, it is the occasion more
appropriate not allowed to enter the high-voltage equipment to
3. Main technical parameters
1) E probe
Hoisting capacity: ≥12Kg
Polar distance: 110mm
Working current: ≥7A
Flaw detecting speed: 6m/min
Working voltage: 38Vx2
Weight: 3.0 kg
2) D probe
Polar distance: 50-200mm (adjustable);
Hoisting capacity: AC≥5kg, DC≥18kg (without joint);
Working current: ≥8A
Working voltage: AC=38V, DC=9V
3) A probe
Pole distance: 20-160mm;
Hoisting capacity: AC≥4.5kg and DC≥18kg;
Power supply: AC=38V, DC=9V;
4) O probe
Center magnetic field: 180Oe
Working voltage: AC=38V
Internal diameter: 150mm
5) Main frame
power supply: 220V±10% 50Hz 5A
4. Operation and Maintenance
Please read the Operating Instructions carefully before operation
to master the structure and technical performance of the instrument
and check if the power supply is applicable for the instrument and
the connection is proper. Switch on the power only after everything
is checked proper. Check if the instrument is in a sound condition
when the instrument is used for the first time or has been out of
operation for long.
5. Operating steps:
(1) Connect the plug to the power supply socket and then connect
the detecting head to the output socket.
(2)Switch on the power to turn on the indicator light, connect the
instrument control circuit and enable the servo.
(3) Keep a good contact between the detecting head and the work
piece and turn on the switch on the detecting head. Then the
instrument will be magnetizing the work piece and the working lamp
will be on. Then release the switch to cut off the power supply and
stop the magnetization;
(4) Please switch off the mains switch after use.
(1) The indicator light remains off and the tester does not work after
the mains switch is turned on. The fuselage is broken due to short
circuit or overload.
(2) The indicator light remains off after the switch is turned on
and the detecting head is working. The indicator light fails.
(3) The indicator light is on but the detecting head does not
magnetize. There is something wrong with the main circuit or
(4) Switch on the power and magnetization is enabled even without
turning on the magnetization switch. There is something wrong with
the control circuit or bidirectional controlled silicon.
- The pacing of the Instrumentation: it is advisable to form
continuous work in a while: Magnetization time ≤ 3s; Time
intermittent ≥ 5s.
- Before use, check if the power supply meets the requirements the
instrument, if it is higher or lower can damage the instrument or
affect the impact test.
- When the tip of the probe should be used to maintain good contact
with the proven work piece, and then press the change of the
magnetization, then it is time to better effect of magnetization.
- Although this instrument is a good circuit protection of load, but
when used, the workload should be avoided to reduce the unnecessary
- This instrument can work continuously, if you find some parts there
is severe fever, you should to use, and can then be used to
identify the reasons.
- Instrument and accessories should be used or stored in clean, dry,
- When repair, note that the high risk of the machine.
- When the switch is pressed work of magnetization cannot change the
- Instrument case must be grounded.
- If you cannot repair circuit fault, please return the instrument to
our factory service center.