Portable Digital Green Digital Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter Pulse OX
- Instructions for the Safe Operation and Use of the Fingertip Pulse
· Do not attempt to service the Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. Only
qualified service personnel should attempt any needed internal
· Do not use the pulse oximeter in situations where alarms are
required. The device has no alarms.
· Prolonged use or the patient’s condition may require changing the
sensor site periodically. Change sensor site and check skin
integrity, circulatory status and correct alignment at least every
· SpO2 measurements may be adversely affected in the presence of
high ambient light. Shield the sensor area (with a surgical towel,
or direct sunlight, for example) if necessary.
· The following reason will cause interference and defibrillators.
· High-frequency electrosurgical.
· Placement of a sensor on an extremity with a blood pressure cuff
arterial catheter, or intravascular line.
· The patient has hypotension severe vasoconstriction severe anemia
· The patient is in cardiac arrest or is in shock.
· Fingernail polish or false fingernails may cause inaccurate SpO2
WARNING: EXPLOSION HAZARD—Do not use the Oximeter in a flammable atmosphere where
concentrations of flammable anesthetics or other material may
WARNING: Do not throw batteries in fire as this may causes them to explode.
WARNING: Do not attempt to recharge normal dry-cell batteries, they may
leak, And may cause a fire or even explode.
WARNING: Do not use the pulse oximeter in an MRI or CT environment.
CAUTION: Keep the operating environment free of dust, vibrations,
corrosive, or flammable materials, and extremes of temperature and
CAUTION: Do not operate the unit if it is damp or wet because of
condensation or spills. Avoid using the equipment immediately after
moving it from a cold environment to a warm, humid location.
CAUTION: Never use sharp or pointed objects to operate the front-panel
CAUTION: The battery must be taken out from the battery compartment if the
device will not be used for a long time.
CAUTION: The device shall only be used if the battery cover is closed.
CAUTION: The battery must be proper disposed according to local regulation
after their use.
3 Definitions and Symbols
|Warning||The information you should know to protect patients and medical
staff from possible injury|
|Caution||The information you should know to protect the equipment from
|Note||The important information you should know|
This chapter provides a general description of the Fingertip Pulse
· Brief device description
· Product features
2.2 Brief Device Description
The pulse oximeter, based on all digital technology, is intended
for noninvasive spot-check measurement of functional oxygen
saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2). Advanced DSP algorithm
can reduce the influence motion artifact and improve measurement
accuracy of low perfusion.
The Oximeter can be used to measure human Hemoglobin Saturation and
heart rate through finger, The product is suitable for use in
family, hospital (including clinical use in internist/surgery,
Anesthesia, pediatrics, intensive care and etc.) Oxygen Bar, social
medical organizations, physical care in sports and etc.
2.3 Product Features
· Lightweight for carrying and Easy-To-Use.
· Manually adjust the direction of interface.
· Color OLED display, simultaneous display for testing value and
Low Perfusion down to 0.3%.
· Visual alarm function. Real-time spot-checks.
· Low Battery voltage indicator.
· Automatically switch off.
· Standard two AAA 1.5V Alkaline Battery support more than 20 hours
3.1.1 Install battery
Installing two AAA batteries into battery cassette in correct
polarities and cover it.
|WARING: Do not attempt to recharge normal alkaline batteries, they may
leak and may cause a fire or even explode.|
3.1.2 Turn the Pulse Oximeter on/off
Put one of fingers into rubber hole of the Oximeter (it is best to
put the finger thoroughly) with nail surface upward, then releasing
Press power button to turn the Pulse Oximeter on. The oximeter will
automatically be powered off when no finger in the device for
longer than 16 seconds.
3.1.3 Read correspondent data from display screen.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Switch off the power and take out the batteries before cleaning.
Keep the exterior surface of the device clean and free of dust and
dirt. Cleaning exterior surface (OLED display screen included ) of
the unit with a dry and soft cloth. Use 75% density of medical
alcohol to clean the surface and use dry fabric with little alcohol
to avoid alcohol permeates into the device.
|CAUTION: Don’t use strong solvent. For example, acetone.|
|CAUTION: Never use an abrasive such as steel wool or metal polish.|
|CAUTION: Do not allow any liquid into the product, and do not immerse any
parts of the device into any liquids.|
|CAUTION: Avoid pouring liquids on the device while cleaning.|
|CAUTION: Don’t remain any cleaning solution on the surface of the device.|
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
· Replace the batteries timely when battery indication is low.
Clean surface of the Pulse Oximeter before it is used in diagnosis
· Remove the batteries inside the battery cassette if the Oximeter
will not be operated for a long time.
· It is better to preserve the product in a place where ambient
temperature is -10-40℃ and humidity is 10%-80%.
· Regular inspection to make sure that no obvious damage existed to
affect the safety and performance of device.
· No flammable substance, overtop or lower temperature and humidity
existed in operation conditions.
Table 5.2.1 troubleshooting
Oxyhemoglobin or heart rate can not be shown normally
1.Finger is not plugged correctly.
2.Patient’s perfusion is too low to be measured.
1.Rety by plugging the finger
2.Try some more times, If you can make sure about no problem
existing in the product, Please go to a hospital timely for exact
Oxihemoglobin of heart rate is shown unstably
1.Finger might not be plugged deep enough
2.Finger is trembling or patient’s body is in movement status
1.Retry by plugging the finger
2.Try not to move, Let the patient keep calm.
The Oximeter can not be powered on
1. Power of batteries might be inadequate or not be there at all
2. Batteries might be installed incorrectly.
3.The Oximeter might be damaged
1. Please replace batteries.
2. Please reinstall the batteries.
3.Please contact with local customer service center
The screen are suddenly off
1. The product is automatically powered off when no signal is
detected longer than 8 seconds.
2.Power quantity of the batteries is exhausted
2.Replace the batteries
Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
-- 60mm (L)*35mm (W)*32mm(D)
-- approx: 50g
( including 2 * AAA battery)
Gross Weight:15 kg
Anti-electric Shock Type: Internally powered equipment
Anti-electric Shock Degree: Type BF equipment
EMC: Type B class I
Mode of operation: Continuous Operation Enclosure Degree of ingress
|Internal||2*AAA 1.5v a 1kaline battery|
|Power Consumption||Smaller than 30 Ma(Normal)|
|Operating Temperature||5℃ to 40℃|
|Storage Temperature||-10℃ to 50℃|
|Relative Humidity||15% to 80% non-condensing|
Alarm default value
|Hemoglobin saturation display||35-100%|
|Pulse rate Display||30-250 BPM|
|Pulse rate||1 BPM|
|Measure Accuracy||Hemoglobin Saturation|
|Pulse rate||2 BPM|